Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #28
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
7 years is a long time to give up for having a "darkened mood"

No, I get what you guys are saying. My point is that serious prison time should always be reserved for serious offenses. Did he point the gun at someone? Ok, now we have a different situaiton. Did he take them onto a plane in his waistband? Again, that's something different.

7 years in prison for a man who is not a convicted felon is absurd. Maybe the article doesn't mention that he's a convicted felon, or maybe I missed it? I've never known the media to be pro-gun bias...
You know we have moved into a "Zero Tolerance" world, right? I mean, most people can't think for themselves. Most have to have a black and white option available to them because what was common sense is now lost.

I think the primary problem now is most of the public just live their lives in a bubble with their "important" factors in their lives paying ZERO attention to the government that is churning up bullshit laws like this around them. They are going to be governed by them, but just blindly go about their sheep lives and only complain after the fact.

I've now spent a few years very involved with our state government, and the apathy of the public is incredibly infuriating at times. Laws like this do not surprise me... nor do the juries that go behind closed doors to be given a either he did it or he didn't, not another choice of reasonable measure.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote