Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'd guess closer to 150. A rider could probably get a lot better out of a tank if on a slab and not ON IT... But, we were playing and hauling ass - didn't really pay attention until I looked down and saw the gas gauge at less than a quarter of a tank.

FWIW, it is my favorite bike on the fleet for yay-happy-fun-days off. I just have to be more aware of where the gas stations are when we are in bum-fuck-nowhere. Well, maybe it's just my love for it as it is the bike that got me this job...
I will agree I was disappointed in the fact that the tank is so small... and damn the TT tank is 1. but fucking ugly... and 2. ungodly expensive.

to be honest... throw the Verseys motor in the current KLR with some upgraded suspension and you have a PERFECT bike. 6 gal of gas, a Twin that gets 45-60mpg (again varied reports) throw in a 400W stator... and boom..

if Kawi could do it with out making it hideous... I'd buy it! FWIW I think the current KLR is a good looking bike. (just wished both headlights came on for Hi and low... isn't that a weight saving thing from sport bikes anyways?)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote