Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I was one of the only ones watching people gather in the streets to celebrate Bin Laden's death and feeling very sad?

Explain your sadness please...
Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I was one of the only ones watching people gather in the streets to celebrate Bin Laden's death and feeling very sad?
Nope. I'm with you.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Fair enough.......but you say "torture" in quotes.........I am just curious what would qualify as torture in your opinion? If waterboarding, bodyslams, and being chained in stress positions buck-naked in near-freezing temperatures, don't qualify as torture, what does?

By all the comments I read on message boards, I get the impression that most Americans seem to think that it isn't torture unless it leaves a visible mark. I disagree, and several people in power do as well.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Fair enough.......but you say "torture" in quotes.........I am just curious what would qualify as torture in your opinion? If waterboarding, bodyslams, and being chained in stress positions buck-naked in near-freezing temperatures, don't qualify as torture, what does?

By all the comments I read on message boards, I get the impression that most Americans seem to think that it isn't torture unless it leaves a visible mark. I disagree, and several people in power do as well.
I put torture in quotes because I'm really not sure if it was or wasn't in reference to waterboarding. I wouldn't define stress positions, nakedness, or cold conditions as torture. I don't believe "bodyslams" (conjuring up images of pro wrestling) were ever approved, though slapping and shaking were. I can't recall exactly but pushing someone in to a wall may have been used. Unless what was done in those cases was vastly more violent than what I imagine I wouldn't define that as torture either.

The quotes aren't meant to convey sarcasm, they are simply to show that I accept someone using the word and I will use it to advance the discussion without agreeing to it. There are also several people who have been in power who don't believe it was torture. Which people in power are right?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I put torture in quotes because I'm really not sure if it was or wasn't in reference to waterboarding. I wouldn't define stress positions, nakedness, or cold conditions as torture. I don't believe "bodyslams" (conjuring up images of pro wrestling) were ever approved, though slapping and shaking were. I can't recall exactly but pushing someone in to a wall may have been used. Unless what was done in those cases was vastly more violent than what I imagine I wouldn't define that as torture either.
I know of 1 person who died as a result of bodyslams & chest blows, and another who died from exposure.

You might not think a stress position is torture, but what if it lasts several hours? And what if it is combined at the same time, with cold, nakedness, and/or loud music?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I know of 1 person who died as a result of bodyslams & chest blows, and another who died from exposure.

You might not think a stress position is torture, but what if it lasts several hours? And what if it is combined at the same time, with cold, nakedness, and/or loud music?
That is fine and all but really what is the difference? We can get in to a discussion of what each of us choose to call what was done if you like but it doesn't change a thing.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Obligatory fuck yeah, Osama is dead!
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Torture doesn't work to get accurate, actionable intelligence?? whatever... Jack Bauer tortured bitches at least once every episode and always got actionable intel that led him to save the hour (at least more times than not)... I say we make torture part of our everyday lives; want a girl or guys number, bounce 'em off of walls for a few minutes; want that #3 biggie sized, water board them; some asshole took the parking spot you had been patiently waiting on, strip 'em down and bend them over their car door backwards; want that new bike, subject the dumbass salesman to Hansen on repeat for a couple hours (oh the horror)... but maybe this is just the lack of sleep for the past 38hours talkin...
Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #10
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Torture doesn't work to get accurate, actionable intelligence?? whatever... Jack Bauer tortured bitches at least once every episode and always got actionable intel that led him to save the hour (at least more times than not)... I say we make torture part of our everyday lives; want a girl or guys number, bounce 'em off of walls for a few minutes; want that #3 biggie sized, water board them; some asshole took the parking spot you had been patiently waiting on, strip 'em down and bend them over their car door backwards; want that new bike, subject the dumbass salesman to Hansen on repeat for a couple hours (oh the horror)... but maybe this is just the lack of sleep for the past 38hours talkin...
Yeah, but he's Canadian. It doesn't work for Americans.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote