Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
They at least allow you to fight back in the event it's needed. How many people in Colorado thought they were going to get shot in a movie theater? How many people in the internet cafe in Florida thought the place was going to get robbed at gunpoint while they were there? Did the two people who were shot by a pissed off neighbor in their RV park expect to get shot that day because their dogs had shit in the wrong guys lawn?

Which is my whole thought process on this question. I don't want to be paranoid and feel like I NEED a gun on me at all times, but I also don't want to be caught without it in the event I MIGHT need it someday. Frankly, I hope I go my entire life and never need the gun, but there is no way to be certain.

Growing up, there was a movie theater that had the occasional shooting.
Never made national news because at the time black people were allowed to shoot each other up in privacy without "news cameras" showing up.
Well...that and Sharpton didn't like the long drive out to the Island with all the traffic on the expressway.

As a cop friend once told me "Most of the time having a gun on you just means we have an extra thing to bag at the crime scene"

Fortunately, being part black means that at birth I am issued handgun and a gang affiliation at birth. CCL is something "white people" do, kinda like voting and leaving the OEM rims on a car. Only issue is that being a mullato has rendered my shooting hand kinda of useless with the constant masturbating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer

Last edited by pauldun170; 08-06-2012 at 03:28 PM..
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Fortunately, being part black means that at birth I am issued handgun and a gang affiliation at birth. CCL is something "white people" do, kinda like voting and leaving the OEM rims on a car. Only issue is that being a mullato has rendered my shooting hand kinda of useless with the constant masturbating.
You got me, I do roll on boring OEM rims. But at least I don't shoot sideways

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-25-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
They at least allow you to fight back in the event it's needed. How many people in Colorado thought they were going to get shot in a movie theater? How many people in the internet cafe in Florida thought the place was going to get robbed at gunpoint while they were there? Did the two people who were shot by a pissed off neighbor in their RV park expect to get shot that day because their dogs had shit in the wrong guys lawn?

Which is my whole thought process on this question. I don't want to be paranoid and feel like I NEED a gun on me at all times, but I also don't want to be caught without it in the event I MIGHT need it someday. Frankly, I hope I go my entire life and never need the gun, but there is no way to be certain.
What are the odds of any of that happenning to you? Extremely unlikely. And if it does happen what are the chances that you are close enough to stop the attacker but not so close that you get shot before you can react? I dont see any reason to carry at all times unless you feel like you will be needing it sooner or later and for most people thats nothing but fear and paranoia. A guy got struck by lightning at a NASCAR race this weekend, should he have been carrying a Faraday cage just in case?

I dont own a gun and I have never felt like I needed one so maybe I dont understand.

EDIT: KSGregman bear me to it.

Last edited by EpyonXero; 08-06-2012 at 03:36 PM..
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
What are the odds of any of that happenning to you? Extremely unlikely. And if it does happen what are the chances that you are close enough to stop the attacker but not so close that you get shot before you can react? I dont see any reason to carry at all times unless you feel like you will be needing it sooner or later and for most people thats nothing but fear and paranoia. A guy got struck by lightning at a NASCAR race this weekend, should he have been carrying a Faraday cage just in case?

I dont own a gun and I have never felt like I needed one so maybe I dont understand.
Surprise, surpise...
The 7'9" black man feels safe where ever he goes.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

Quote:
Surprise, surpise...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Surprise, surpise...
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Well since handguns reflect bullets, having one on you at all times automatically makes you safer.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

I don't carry around the house but I have one or two out of the safe. I carry anytime I leave the house, whether in the truck or on my person. I don't want to shoot anyone or ever feel the need to draw it but I want that option if threatened. I like to think of it as being prepared instead of paranoid.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

I find that I am carrying more these days. Nearly everywhere that I am legally allowed to. It is rare to find me in VT or NH without a revolver in my pocket. Around the house it is a bit different there are within easy reach in most place in my home a side arm or long gun in "GO" mode