Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

The issue with me, Sometimes I get moved to Different stores...Right now its 16 Miles one way to work...I see the SixR getting ALOT of miles this year if they keep rising...Like I said even during the rain. I think the only time I'd drive the truck is if I needed to take people places or go to the store and couldnt fit what I was buying in my tailbag.

And If it was downright POURING then I'd drive the truck...Otherwise I'll take 36MPG over 13 Anyday...lol
Old 02-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I agree, B/c f I had lower Gas prices...Id drive a HELL of alot more than I do now
Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I agree, B/c f I had lower Gas prices...Id drive a HELL of alot more than I do now
thats the trickle down effect, higher gas prices means fewer people traveling for vacations, companies passing on the higher costs to consumers for goods so people buy fewer or less of said goods.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

How about we truly put our money and effort into moving beyond oil instead of putting a band-aid over the problem by drilling or mining shale.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

I'm still boggled at how people (at least anyone above the Mason dixon line on the east coast) can smoke...The cheapest pack of Ciggs in NJ that I've seen is damn near 6 dollars. And people literally pay me in Pennies and dimes at times just to get that pack of smokes.

Lord knows how High gas prices, Increasing costs of Food and Cost of living is going to "Help" our already struggling economy.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Lord knows how High gas prices, Increasing costs of Food and Cost of living is going to "Help" our already struggling economy.
Why trickle-down economics, of course

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm still boggled at how people (at least anyone above the Mason dixon line on the east coast) can smoke...The cheapest pack of Ciggs in NJ that I've seen is damn near 6 dollars. And people literally pay me in Pennies and dimes at times just to get that pack of smokes.

it def wont help, I can see gas theft becomming a problem this time around. I was on my way to vir durring hte last gas price spike and they were staying on top of people trying to drive off without paying.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
it def wont help, I can see gas theft becomming a problem this time around. I was on my way to vir durring hte last gas price spike and they were staying on top of people trying to drive off without paying.

Except in some very rural areas, isn't every gas station pay before you pump?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Except in some very rural areas, isn't every gas station pay before you pump?
in NY they are, and theres no self serve in joisey. But this was on our way down to VIR so we were in some east bumblefuck areas heading down there
Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
in NY they are, and theres no self serve in joisey. But this was on our way down to VIR so we were in some east bumblefuck areas heading down there

I hear ya.

We were at a race at Jennings a few years back when gas was ~$4 a gallon and diesel was ~$5.

Most gas stations that had pay at the pump were to $50 or $75. Not real helpful when it takes almost $150 to fill up.

Teammate Bill walks inside to hand the lady his CC and she looks at him funny. He tells her that he knows the pumps are limited and she can keep the card until we are full.

She laughs and says: "Honey, we're in Georgia, look at our parking lot. EVERYONE here is over $100 to fill up. We don't have any silly limits. Just pay me when you are done."